- 1. Getting Started
- 2. What's New
- 3. Dashboard
- 4. Contacts
- 5. Components
- 6. Channels
- 7. Campaigns
- 8. Reports
- 9. Points
- 10. Stages
- 11. Plugins
- 12. Use Cases
- 13. Cron Jobs
- 14. SAML SSO
- 15. Themes
- 16. Translations
- 17. Tips & Tricks
- Published with GitBook
Mautic is used by world-wide community and therefore it can be localized to any language. If you cannot find your language yet, take a look to the section about how to translate Mautic.
How to select a language in Mautic
Language can be selected on 2 places.
1. Default language
In the Mautic configuration can be configured the default language. It is pre-set to
English - United States by default. Every user will see this language if he doesn't configure her language in hers profile.
- Open the right admin menu by clicking on the cog icon in the top right corner.
- Select the Configuration menu item.
- Select the default language.
- Save the configuration.
2. User language
User can define hers own language and override the default language. This let a multilangual team work on the same Mautic instance.
- Open the user menu by clicking on the user name in the top right corner.
- Click on Account menu item.
- Select the user language.
- Save the user profile.
How to translate Mautic
Mautic can be translated to any language. As Mautic is a community project, it can be translated by any community member to any language. Translations are made in the Transifex web app.
- Create an account at Transifex if you don't have one already.
- Take a look at the list of languages which were created for the project already.
- Create a language if your language is missing or apply for an existing language.
Take a look at official Transifex Documentation if you have any questions about the translation process.
How to update a language
A language is downloaded automatically every time the configuration is saved and the language hasn't been downloaded already. The tricky part is that Mautic won't download a language if it has been already downloaded. So to update a language:
- Open the Mautic file system via SFTP or SSH.
- In the Mautic root folder you should see the folder called translations. Open it.
- In the translations folder are the languages stored. Remove the folder of the language you want to update.
- Go go Mautic configuration and save it with the language you've deleted.
The language should be downloaded again with the latest translations. The translations are generated from Transifex once a day.
If you have any questions about translations, join the community in the Slack #Translations channel.