- 1. Getting Started
- 2. What's New
- 3. Dashboard
- 4. Contacts
- 5. Components
- 6. Channels
- 7. Campaigns
- 8. Reports
- 9. Points
- 10. Stages
- 11. Plugins
- 12. Use Cases
- 13. Cron Jobs
- 14. SAML SSO
- 15. Themes
- 16. Translations
- 17. Tips & Tricks
- Published with GitBook
This new channel was added in Mautic 1.4.0. It allows Mautic to send SMS from Campaigns.
Configure Text Messages
Before you start to send SMS from your Mautic, it needs to be connected to the service which can send them. The first and default implemented service is Twilio. In order to configure the Text Messages correctly, follow these steps:
- Create an account at Twilio.com.
- Go to Account Settings. There you'll see the API Credentials.
- Open the Mautic Configuration in another browser tab and navigate to: Cog icon > Configuration > Text Message Settings.
- Copy the AccountSID from Twilio account and paste it to Text Message Provider Username field in Mautic.
- Unlock and copy the AuthToken and paste it to Text Message Provider Password field in Mautic.
- Go to Products > Phone Numbers in Twilio, copy the number and paste it to the Sending Phone Number field in Mautic.
- Select the Text Message Enabled? switch to Yes and save the Mautic configuration.
Create a new Text Message
A Text Message can be created/modified only via Campaign Builder.
- Go to Campaigns.
- Edit an existing campaign or create a new one.
- Open the Campaign Builder.
- Drag the Send Text Message action and drop it to the canvas.
- Click the New Text Message button. The form in a new browser window will appear.
- Fill in the Internal Name, Text Message and if required, change the language. Save it.
The new Text message will be pre-selected so you can save the Send Text Message action as well. You can use the action in your Campaign dripflow.